OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT
What You'll Need:
- Employment Information
- Your Driver's License Number
- Social Security Number
All it takes is about 10 minutes
Read & Accept
Opening an Account with Webster
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each customer that opens an account. When you open an account, we will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, taxpayer identification number, and other information to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
Under penalty of perjury, I certify that:
- I will provide my correct taxpayer identification number (or I am waiting for one to be issued to me), AND
- I am not subject to backup witholding because (a) I am exempt from backup witholding, or (b) I have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that I am subject to backup witholding as a result of failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified me that I am no longer subject to backup witholding, AND
- I am a U.S. person (including a U.S. resident alien), AND
- I am exempt from FATCA reporting.
Webster Bank will authenticate your identity information through Equifax Secure, Inc. and reserves the right to validate your banking history through ChexSystems, Inc.