Webster Student Checking
An account to teach college students financial independence with no monthly service charge, lots of free services, rebates and more!
- Fast Facts
- No Monthly Fee
- Free balance alerts and mobile banking to keep up on finances 24/7
- Select ATM benefits2
- Insufficient available funds rebate3
As a student, we know you’re working hard toward becoming financially independent. And opening a Webster Student Checking account will get you on the right track. Open an account with a valid college student ID and you’ll get free checking, a free debit card, free online and mobile banking, free balance alerts and more. Throw in rebates of ATM fees and insufficient available funds forgiveness and you’ve got a checking account that can meet your student needs today – and grow with you into your professional future.
- Free Online Banking, including online bill pay
- Free Webster Visa® debit card for fast and easy purchases
- Free paperless Statement eDelivery (enrollment required)1
- Free mobile banking (enrollment in Webster Online Services required)4
- Balance alerts to help you avoid overdrafts (enrollment required)5
- 24/7 banking at our ATM network
- Twitter and Facebook communities
- Account converts to Webster eChecking 60 days after opening if; customer does not submit a valid college student ID; does not enable Balance Alerts; does not elect statement eDelivery1
- This account will be available to our college student customers for five years after switching to this product or opening a new account. After that, it will convert to eChecking1
- Waiver of your first 4 Webster fees per statement cycle when you use another bank's ATM2
- 1 rebate of other bank's ATM fee per statement cycle2
- 1 refund of insufficient available funds fee per academic year3
- UCONN® Huskies™ debit card and checks available upon request
Keep in mind
1. Webster Student Checking: Minimum opening deposit of $50 is required. No monthly service charge. This account will be available to our college student customers for five years after switching to this product or opening a new account. After that, it will convert to eChecking. A valid college student ID, enrollment in balance alerts and enrollment in statement eDelivery is required; those accounts not enrolled in these features within 60 days of account opening will be converted to eChecking. You must be at least 18 years old to open an individual checking account at Webster. See a Webster Banker for more details.
2. ATM Benefits: Per statement cycle, Webster will not charge for up to 4 ATM fees associated with using non-Webster ATMs. If you are charged a fee by another bank for using its ATM, we will rebate 1 fee per statement cycle. Product features are subject to change at any time. See a banker for details.
3. Insufficient Available Funds Fees: 1 fee will be rebated per academic year (September to August).
4. Mobile Banking: You must be enrolled in Webster Online Services to use Webster Mobile Banking. Check with your mobile services provider for any charges that may apply for data usage on your phone. Message and data rates may apply.
5. Balance alert notifications: will not be sent between the hours of 11:00 pm and 6:00 am EST. There are no fees assessed by Webster for this service, although your wireless or Internet Service Provider may charge a fee for receipt of messages to your mobile device or computer. Message and data rates may apply.
- Customer Service
7 am to 10 pm, 7 days a week
- Email Customer Service
- Locate An ATM/Branch